The Stat-X generator is operated by one of the following methods based on the generator selected for the application.
- Electrically with a fixed fire suppression system including detection and alarm
- Manually with a pull cable
- Thermally with our patented heat sensitive thermal head available in three (3) temperatures
Upon activation the generator will discharge an ultra-fine aerosol that stays suspended in the enclosure, the fire will be suppressed or extinguished based on the aerosol concentration level in the design.
How Stat-X Agent Suppresses Fires
- Stat-X agent and inert gas suspension discharge fills hazard volume (particle size 1-2 micron).
- Potassium radicals from Stat-X agent mix with free radicals generated by combustion.
- Potassium chemically joins with combustion free radicals, interrupting the fire’s reaction pathway and creating stable molecules.
- The interupted fire reaction pathway can no longer sustain combustion and the fire is suppressed.
Aerosol Fire Suppression Technology
How a Stat-X Generator Works
- Signal energizes actuator.
- Agent compound reacts with oxidation block.
- Stat-X agent and inert gas pass through cooling block and out generator exit ports.
- Stat-X agent suspension fills hazard area, suppressing fire.